The Rheem RGLS and RGPS Upflow/Horizontal Value Series 80% line of Upflow/Horizontal, & Dedicated Downflow, gas furnaces is designed for installation in closets, alcoves, utility rooms, or attics. Because of the model's low-profile 34 inch [864 mm] height, the upflow model can also be used to satisfy most applications that traditionally call for a horizontal furnace. The design is certified by CSA International.
- Unique solid door design leads to quiet operation.
- Prepaint galvanized steel cabinet.
- Patented heat exchanger, constructed of both stainless and aluminized steel for the maximum in corrosion resistance.
- Low profile "34 inch" [864 mm] design is lighter and easier to handle, and leaves room for optional equipment.
- Left or right side gas and electric inlet connections allowquick and simple change.
- Grab-holes in doors to aid in easy door removal and replacement.
- Direct spark ignition with remote sense, features a integrated board with an electronic air cleaner hookup.
- Convertible from upflow to horizontal left or right without field conversion.
- A slow-open gas valve and a specially designed draft inducer motor make it one of the quietest furnaces on the market today.